Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pins to Projects: Flower Cookies

Yes, a second blog post from me today. I promised Squirty that I would make cookies. He was supposed to help me, but then he went and did this:






So I did some cookies using the basic idea found HERE.

I just used bagged sugar cookie mix. I have my own awesome recipe, but this was easier with L since what I wanted to do was decorate them.

First I rolled the dough into small balls and then I rolled the balls in colored sugar.





Next, I cut each one down into petals, so they looked like this





The original site left them like this and put a piece of candy in the middle. I didn't do that. I flipped them over so the sugar side was up.





Baked them for 9 minutes, per the instructions





Voila! Flower cookies ready for spring!





Made Squirty rather happy with his pre-soccer snack. Pardon his crazy nap hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment