Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cherry Blossom Training Week 1 - Intervals

I didn't manage a run yesterday or get my lazy butt up at 5:30 to run this morning. Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I dragged myself and the boys to the gym for interval training. The intermediate training plan called for 3-5 miles with intervals for the middle miles. Since I was running on a treadmill, I didn't like the way their intervals were planned. You were supposed to run fast for 15 seconds and recover for 45 seconds, alternating until you get the 1-3 middle miles of your run completed. I like longer intervals and a little bit of a hill. I set the treadmill at 5.6 mph. For my intervals, I increased the grade for a minute. So I'd do 1 minute at a 5% incline and then 3 minutes at the normal incline. This works better for the way I train. I was thinking I'd do the lower end of the training, but ended up doing the full 5. I feel great, but I forgot the Body Glide and have some ouchie spots.

I'm going to get back on the plan tomorrow and get in 2-4 miles in the morning. My goal is to aim for the middle mileage on most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment