Monday, March 26, 2012

Homemade Mexican Pizza

So Saturday was a double food experiment day. I decided to try and make Mexican pizzas for the boys and I for lunch.

Here is the final product before I walk you through what I did.





Okay, here is what you need: fajita-size flour tortillas, refried beans, shredded cheese, canned or fresh diced tomatoes, peppers (optional)




Turn your oven on broil and pop the  base tortillas in a for a minute or two to make them more sturdy. Coat the tortillas with the refried beans.




If you add the jalepenos, do it here. My kids and I like things spicy.




Add a light coating of cheese.




Put under the broiler until the cheese is melted




Put another tortilla on top of this




Sprinkle the tomatoes (I used Ro-Tel)




Cover with cheese (more than last time)




Put under the broiler until the cheese is melted




Cut and serve.



These were a big hit with my boys. They both can easily eat their weight in cheese and love pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment