Friday, February 8, 2013

My legs are too skinny

I have always had skinny legs. Even when I'm at my heaviest, my lower thighs, calves and ankles are about as big around as a 10-year old's might be. Normally, one might think this is cool. I don't, especially in dealing with running injuries.

Let's start with the most superficial reason. I have always wanted a cute pair of dress boots. On me, all styles look ridiculous, even when I wear them with leggings or skinny jeans. I've tried on $30 pairs. I've tried on $200 pairs. They all result in the same silliness.

Okay, on to issues that are actually worthy of complaint. If you'll recall, I hurt my IT band back in November right before my first half marathon. I had a heck of a time trying to find a brace that supported me. I bought a small Target brand knee brace. That would slip down until I got really sweaty and it stayed in place. Sometimes, I flip the bottom part up over the top of my knee and find that it stays better that way. When I realized it was actually my IT band bothering me, I ordered an Aylio IT Band Compression Wrap from Amazon. Well, I would put it on as tight as it could go and the darn thing would slide over my knee, when it wasn't rubbing me raw with the velcro. Luckily, my IT band hasn't been bothering me lately (knock wood).

I wanted a pair of compression socks and compression sleeves to help with my occasional shin splints. I put one of each on my Amazon wish list and received them for Christmas (Thanks Mom K and Aunt Linda!) They stay up and provide a little bit of compression, but don't provide as much support as I would like. They are smalls, too!

I know some people would love to have skinny legs like mine, but seriously they can be a pain in the knee or shin ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment