Friday, December 16, 2011

Couch 2 5K

So, I decided that I was going to run in a 5K this coming year. It's an early new year's resolution along with getting my fat, lazy butt into better shape. I've been going to a gym since October, but I hadn't gotten on the treadmill to run until a couple of weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised that the introductory levels of the Couch 2 5K program felt way too easy. Yes, I know I'm running inside on a treadmill with zero incline, but my plan was to get the time and then add the speed and elevations.

Today, I did week 6 day 3. I was terrified. The training program for today was 5 minutes of walking, 25 minutes of running, then 5 minutes of walking. I don't think I have ever run 25 minutes straight in my entire life... at the very least, since I was on the track team in 8th grade. As the minutes ticked by, I plodded my way through and made it. I know it's not a big accomplishment for most people, but it is for me.

So, here is the 5K I plan on running: http://redshoeshuffle.org/ It's in April, so I have lots and lots of time. I'm sure I will get my butt kicked, but it is a goal and something to work toward. Besides, isn't the Baltimore Ronald McDonald house a great cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment