Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Trying to run in a 5K

When I was in middle school, I was on the track team. I loved to run. Unfortunately, I stopped doing it in high school. When I've lost weight previously, I did aerobics and walked a lot. This time, I want to do The Shred, Couch 2 5K and some push-up, sit-up and squat challenges.

Last year when a family friend lost her long battle to breast cancer, I decided I wanted to do the Komen Race for the Cure. I was unable to participate this past year. I was only a few weeks post-partum. A few weeks ago, I started doing the Couch 2 5K program that I downloaded in the fall. I started week 3 yesterday. I feel great. I made it further than I did the last time I tried. I'm hoping to get through it all this time. A fellow Baltimore Mommy is running in the Baltimore Women's Classic 5K at the end of June. I'd like to attempt to run in this one. It raises money for gynecological cancers and is only women. Apparently, you can do it with a jogging stroller, so maybe I will run with one of the boys. If I keep it up, I should be through with C 2 5K by the end of May, so I could work on improving my time by then. If not, I have all summer and part of the fall to train for the Race for the Cure.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: