Monday, December 10, 2012

GOTR 5K and a running break

Yesterday, I was supposed to be a buddy runner for the Girls on the Run 5K. Well, when we got there, I wasn't assigned a girl with whom to run, so I ended up just running with my cousin and her buddy. It was very inspirational to see so many girls running their first 5K. I wish there had been a program like that for me when I was younger. I hope their experience inspires them to keep running.

Okay, so the other part... I am able to stabilize my IT band and run without knee pain. That isn't a problem. I just need to continue to foam roll and stretch. However, my foot pain was getting better until I ran Saturday. I am going to take at least 3 days off of running, maybe 5. Hopefully, I will be able to get the pain in  my foot figured out before then. It feels like muscle and fiber pain on the top of my foot. I don't think it's a stress fracture, but I think I need some time off to see how it heals. I'm going to continue to ice and elevate it. I'm also going to wear my running shoes that are more stiff since it felt decent running the 5K yesterday.

If I don't blog again for a couple of weeks, I want to wish everyone a great holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment