Friday, January 13, 2012

Almost past where I got last time

I nursed my oldest son until he was just about 17-months old. I only weaned him because I was pregnant again and nursing made my nausea worse. Milk Dud will be 17-months in 9 days. Although he has cut down to 4-6 times a day, he shows no signs of weaning. I've offered him a cup of milk, and he often doesn't want it and responds "NOOOOO... Mommy milk!"

I love nursing, but part of me really would like to have my body back. I've been pregnant, nursing or both for the past 4 years. I would really like to get to take medicine without having to look it up in Lact Med. We have all been sick in this house for almost a month, and I have had to limit my cough syrup consumption to bedtime so that I don't hurt my milk supply too much.

I love the bond it has given me with my boys. There is nothing like it. I would really like some cheerleading for the child-led weaning, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment